Friday, May 4, 2012

Things I Miss

This has been in my head for awhile now, and the list is growing so I thought it was time to share. This does not include the people I miss. Just the random things from Indianapolis.

Traffic lights-This one is definitely at the top of my list. You may think it crazy that its at the top. Don't judge until you drive around here just once. I'm telling you, there are no censors on these things. The other day I was at a light for six minutes! Six minutes!!!!! And no one was moving. Its insane the amount of time that has been lost because the DC metro area won't put censors on their lights. So until then I will be sitting in my car wasting what seems like a year of my life every time I drive.

Fruits and Veggies-They just do not have good produce here, and its stinking expensive. Not to mention there are no honey crisp apples to be found. Nothing is ever on sale and the selection is pathetic. Most of the fruit I buy ends up in the freezer for later use in a smoothie.

Streets with just cars on them-Not people, not bikes, not a million Metro buses. Just cars. It is a regular occurrence that I am paying attention enough not to run over the guy with his headphones in looking down at his phone as he crosses the street. Sure you have the right of way. But that won't matter if you're dead!!

My yard-I could say my whole house, really, but that yard. That big beautiful fenced in green yard. My outdoor space has been reduced to some rocks and basically a grassy area the size of my bathroom for the dogs to go to the bathroom in. And they are scared of it half the time. I waited six years for that yard and now its just sitting there vacant waiting for someone else to run around and play in. I hope they are as happy as we were there.

My mailbox-I have been reduced, yet again, to having a key to a block of mailboxes not attached to my townhouse. Ok, I'll admit it, I don't want to put proper clothes on just to go get the next round of bills.

Ossip-Yes, surprisingly, I miss my job. For the first time in my life I loved where I worked and what I did. Hopefully my next job will be a mommy, which I'm sure will be way better. But in the meantime I miss it.

Newspapers at the Dollar Store-As many of you know, I am a devout couponer. I used to get four papers a week and pay $4. Now I pay $8 a week. So I don't actually start getting stuff free for the month until after I get $32 worth.

Ladies ministry-Of course I miss my church and all that includes but I think about Ladies of Light a lot. It never ceased to amaze me just how all the ladies in the church would come together to make a meeting so special and personal. All the details and hard work. I definitely took for granted that our church had a ladies ministry.

Mexican food-We have been to three different Mexican restaurants and we have yet to find anything that is even close to being as yummy as Indianapolis! Lets just say we live in a very diverse part of the country so you would think the food would be better! :) I miss you, El Meson.

Doctors-So there is a medical plaza on like every corner in Indy. In the two months I have been here I think I passed a hospital once, but I don't even remember where it was. Hopefully we don't get sick here because I have no idea where to go.

Cato's and Maurices-Nope, there are none here. Where am I supposed to get my affordable clothes that no one else has?

This list could go on. This was supposed to be funnier than it is. Not complaining. Just missing my home.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! It didn’t sound toooooo whiney, crybaby! ;’p
    lol, j/k for sure! As much as I miss you (yes, I know you have SUPER close friends here), I just know God has something spectacular for you and Bryan on the East Coast. No Worries~We love and miss you and your super cute, affordable clothes, that no one else has

    Terina

    ReplyDelete