Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Riley's Shirt

Riley has a shirt. It's blue. He hates it. 

I discovered when he was about 3 months old that he can't stand wearing clothes. The first time I put a shirt on him he literally couldn't even sit up. He just kept falling over. And now, six years later, the only thing that is different is that he can sit up. But that's about it. He freezes up as soon as he sees it. NO!!!! Not the shirt, mommy!!! 

Since we moved here every Wednesday morning is shirt time for Riley. For you see, the garbage comes on Wednesday mornings. The magic shirt he wears keeps him from barking and waking us up because he is half paralyzed. Initially I felt bad about doing this to him. But week after week when I wake up to discover that the garbage is gone and my sleep was not interrupted I don't feel so bad anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment