Friday, May 18, 2012

High Five for Friday

Ok. Top five things about this past week.

1. We got to see the seniors from our high school we graduated from. They were in DC for their senior trip. Along with our old principal and school secretary. It's crazy to think that I was doing the exact same things 10 years ago! I told you I'm old. We saw them  for church Wednesday night and met them at Union Station for lunch Thursday. I gotta, I felt like I was back in high school when Mr. D was standing there telling our group what time we had to be back. Such good memories.

2. I started getting birthday cards this week. LOVE THAT!!! It's so wonderful to know that people from all over are thinking about me.

3. We went to Annapolis last Saturday. It is so pretty there. We will definitely be visiting again soon. The one thing I love about this place is that there is so much to do, It was literally perfect weather for it. And while we were there I found my beloved Jimmy John's!!! I haven't gotten to eat it since we moved. I do think there is one somewhere close but I just haven't found it yet. Definitely a highlight of the day. Along with the yummy s'mores crepe. Yes, highlights of my days usually include food!

4. This is just going to be sad sounding when I tell you it was one of my favorite things about this week. I got all of my coupons in my binder and organized. Yeah, I know it sounds lame. But it hasn't been done since we got here. Sense of accomplishment right there.

5. I just bought a cast iron skillet! I never thought I'd say that. I bought it to attempt pan fried steak "like the restaurants do". I got me a Pinterest recipe. I'm very excited about it because it is such a hassle to me that whenever I want steak Bryan has to grill it or I attempt it in my grill pan with little to no success. Succulent, juicy steak that tastes like you were cooked in a restaurant, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment