Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dear Bryan,

I just really can't believe is has been 8 years since our wedding day. I still remember it so vividly. I remember how excited I was to be marrying my high school sweetheart. The day you told me you "liked" me, I knew I would marry that 14 year old boy. The day you told me you loved me when you were 15, I knew I would love you forever. The day you put that ring on my finger, I knew I would always be happy.

When I describe you to people I try to put into words just how amazing you are. But I know those words fall short. But I do know that when I talk about you they understand that you are very wonderful. You have changed my life forever. I feel so honored that you chose me to be your wife. And I feel extremely blessed that the Lord had you picked out for me. You have been in my life for so long that I truly cannot even begin to imagine what my life would be like without you. I have learned so much from you. I have learned to be myself. I have learned to be content with what I have. I have learned patience. I have learned how to like peanut butter and jelly toast. :) I have learned how to be less judgmental. I have learned that little things are not worth getting upset about. To be married to someone who takes such good care of me, works so hard, provides for our family, leads us where God wants us, protects me, and knows what's best for me is something that I am so thankful for.

Life has taken us down so many unexpected roads. But that's okay because we are on the same road. I know I could not have handled so many things without your support and encouragement. Life is not always perfect, but with you by my side I know I will be okay.

The best day of my life was when I married you. And I am looking forward to so many more "best days" with you. Thank you for loving me unconditionally. It takes a strong man to do that. :) You just really have no idea how deeply I love you. Happy Anniversary, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment