Sunday, May 6, 2012

Housewife Blues

On February 3 I quit my job, not for another job, not to look for another job. No, I quit because my husband took a job in DC that no longer required my monthly funds. There was a mixture of emotions. Mostly good. Mostly excited that I didn't have to work anymore. Oh, what would I do with my time? My first plan was to veg out and watch all the seasons of 7th Heaven. My next plan was to craft. Or sleep. Or volunteer. Or cook. You know, do all the things I have never had time for. All of my plans basically went down the drain the minute I arrived here. Let me just say that I am thankful and feel very blessed that I have a husband who works so hard so I don't have to. I am very lucky by a lot of people's standards. And I know that. Bryan has been extremely fortunate to be working for the people he is. They have been so good to us. So since I've been here I have been doing a lot of shopping, sleeping, watching TV, crafting, cooking. And not so much cleaning, organizing, blogging, or pretty much anything useful! What the heck is wrong with me? I have so much time and can't get anything done. You know what they say, "If you want something done, give it to the busy person." It's so true. There is a severe lack of motivation here in Alexandria, VA! Where did it go? Apparently I left it in Indianapolis. I need it back, and soon. I am the most unorganized, unscheduled that I have ever been. Basically, my world has been tuned upside down, and I can't figure out how to fix it. A couple weeks ago I got my desk all organized with all these projects in mind. Well, I have the cutest desk ever, but it sits in the basement longing for me to use it. Soon, cute desk, soon. In the meantime I must get off my couch and clean my house. It's time. I am looking for a new normal. Hopefully I will find it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment