Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear Mom,

Oh, dear mother, where do I even begin? I think you're just amazing. And I want the whole world (or at least all of my Facebook friends) to know. :) Anyone who knows you even a little bit adores you. Like a moth to a flame, that's how I describe the effect you have on people. They can't get enough of you. They are drawn to you. You are such a compassionate person, so people line up to share with you their problems because they know you care deeply. And it's crazy, but I will be talking about you to people who hardly know you or who have met you once and in the middle of my story they will say "Oh, I love your mom". I have heard that phrase so many times being associated with you.

And let me just say, I agree with them. I adore you. I love your personality. Your fun loving spirit. Your encouragement. Your patience. I love how close we still are. Through the years and through the miles. That has never changed anything. And I am so thankful for that. I'm thankful that distance has not come between us one bit. I'm thankful that even from afar you still figure out ways to take care of Bryan and I and your grandpuppies. Ways to let us know you love us and care for us so. You really have no idea how much a cherish and appreciate you. I hate that I am not with you today. I wish I was there to hug you. I'm sorry I'm not. But know that I love you so so much. And I miss you everyday.

Happy Mother's Day,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment