Thursday, June 14, 2012

Microwaves, Desks, and Braids

So for thankful Thursday I am going to highlight my most happy thoughts recently.

First, after six weeks my microwave finally works!!! That includes three visit from the repair man, calls to the repair center, calls to the property manager for our townhouse, frustration, waiting, more calls, emails. Basically, there were four parties involved in fixing my microwave. The landlord, the property manager, the repair company, and the warranty company. Which goes to show that having more people involved doesn't necessarily mean the job is going to get done any faster. I tried not to complain about it because it is a small thing, but after six weeks its just became a big thing. But what matters now is that it is fixed now and I am one happy girl. Sometimes I just look at it in amazement that it truly is fixed. Warming up macaroni has never felt so good!

Since we moved here I have tapped into my creative side. With the help of Pinterest, of course. That, and way more free time. Also, since we moved here I have been searching for a small desk for the living room. I wanted something small and basic but nothing that looked too modern. I have been so close to buying this one from Target for a couple weeks now even though wasn't thrilled about it. Well, no more my friends! We were about three blocks from our house Wednesday night after church when Bryan spotted it! He said, "Did you see that?" See what??? From his tone of voice it was something very exciting. He wanted to know if I saw that desk on the side of the road. No, I did not! So we circled the block and went back to find waiting for us the perfect desk. The one I had been looking for. Well, not completely. It needed a little love. But I was will to offer that. So in our trunk it went, and I am now sitting here typing this blog on my new little piece of furniture that is in serious need of paint and a new top. This will be our weekend project. So I basically just saved at least $100. I'm telling you, it's a miracle desk!!

I am overly obsessed with braids. And Bryan is not. Every time I see someone my age on tv wearing a braid I inform him that, see, it's in! I am in style, baby! The Bachelorette, Daphne Oz from The Chew, Melissa Joan Hart on Melissa and Joey. Last night I wore a little one going back into my side pony. I'm sure I was the talk of the town! I just imagine when I wear them that all the other girls are jealous of my newly acquired french braiding skills! Thank you, hair tutorial!

So, as you can see it doesn't take much to get me excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment