Friday, June 8, 2012

High Five for Friday

On the top of my favorite things from last week is my trip to Louisville/Indy. And there are obviously multiple favorite moments within that favorite. Hugging my parents. A lot. Surprising my Indy best friend. Going to Shawnee. Going to Lighthouse. Steak n' Shake. Reupholstering my mom's chair with her. Rummikub. Monster cookies. Lunch with Hilda. Daddy/daughter dates. Doris Day with my mom. GFE girls. My niece and nephew. Chick-fil-a.  Oh, I could go on. It was such a nice, relaxing trip. And I got to hug a lot of my favorite people.:)

This actually could be a tie for first. I got to see my husband after 8 days of being away. I don't know which was better, visiting Louisville or coming back to my honey. I have never been away from him for that long. Oh, and my boys too :) I did come home to a very weird scent in my house. Come to find out, the new flea medicine I got for Sam is spice scent. Bryan put it on him before he picked me up from the airport. So now our whole house smells like cheap cinnamon air freshener. He is like a walking scented candle!!!

I got some new stuff for our bedroom. By new I mean stuff my mom had at her house that she wasn't using to decorate. Including a couple cute red cubes, a big basket and some decorative balls. And the other stuff I got was stuff she bought me. :) Yep, I like visiting that woman!! A new picture frame and a little jewelry-box-like thing with three drawers to set on the dresser. I know, great description, right?

Mets game with my honey. Bryan took a half day yesterday to go the Nats/Mets game. Although I complained most of the time about the heat, overall I just kept thinking how great it is that Bryan's company is so flexible with him. It was nice. We went to the game at 1, jumped on the metro after the game, and were home 45 minutes later. Gotta say, the metro is not my friend. But it is a new way of life for us. The point is, we were home by 4:45. It was just nice. But let's go back to the heat thing. Neither of us realized how hot it was going to be. I showed up in a shirt with sleeves, hair down, and scarf around my neck. I left with my sleeves rolled up, my hair up in a pen Bryan found in his backpack, and my scarf in my purse. I still think I'm sweating. And the Mets won!! I was really happy for Bryan getting to see his team in person for the first time.

I got my hair done. Cut and highlights. I went a little chunkier this time and I love it. But that's not the best part. My dad did some graphics for her front window so this girl got a free new do! :) You just can't beat that. It looks great and it was free. That's a lot better than the $180 I paid last month in this new part of the country I live in. Crazy, I tell ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment