Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dear dad,

People adore you. They respect your work ethic. They admire your giving spirit. They adore your friendly personality. They look forward to shaking your hand, working for you, hearing you teach. They look at you and hope that someday they will be a dad like you. Those same people also look at me and wish you were their dad.
I love having that man for a dad. I love pointing you out and saying, "That's my dad". You have touched so many peoples lives. But not quite as much as you have touched mine. I love that you are my dad. I love our daddy/daughter dates. I love when we laugh together. I love talking to you and getting advice from you. I love listening to you sing and whistle-all the time! I love that because everyone loves you so much you can get away with saying just about anything. :) No one would ever get mad at you. You're so funny how you joke around with people or give people at church a hard time. They love it. I think you could go up to someone and tell them they are ugly and they literally could't get mad at you! Your positive attitude and outlook on life are contagious. I want to have that personality where everyone can't get enough of me.
You are so good to my family and I know that Bryan is very thankful to have you for a "dad" too. I love how close you have become and that my husband and dad are "buddies". You are there for us in every aspect. Across the miles you show you care and are just a phone call away. I always feel like you are with me. Distance doesn't matter.
I wish I was there today with you to wrap my arms around you and wish you a Happy Fathers Day. I am so happy that you are my dad and that we are still just as close as we have always been. I love you so very much.

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment