Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another Day in Baltimore

<p>I write this as we sit in traffic trying to get to Baltimore. We live in Virginia about five miles away from Maryland. It took us a half hour just to get to the bridge. The hospital called to ask if we could come early. Um, no. We will be late unless you have a helicopter that can pick us up. Early? Really? I don't think we've been early for anything since we moved to this part of the country. <br>
I am having my brain angiogram today at 11. It's a test where they go in through my groin through a major artery all the way to my brain. Pretty cool. The only thing that has me on edge is that I'm allergic to the contrast. I am being pre-medicated with steroids and Benadryl. It's so lovely. I've had to do it before.you're so tired from the Benadryl, but you can't sleep because you're hyped up on steroids. And the steroids make your stomach hurt because the Dr told you not to eat but the medication bottle says take with food!!!
We do get to stay in Baltimore tonight. We got a hotel right by the harbor. Hopefully the sedation will wear off so I can enjoy it.
Then tomorrow morning is the CT scan of my chest. And of course it is with contrast too so more steroids.
The results of these tests will determine if the lesions in my brain are avms and at risk of hemorrhaging with pregnancy and if they want to treat them. The chest scan will look for lung avms. They want to test me because my dad has them.
The great part is after this we are done and we will just be waiting for results. Then we will have a plan for pregnancy.
Everyone has been so sweet. Thank you for all the prayers.
"at other times, what's on His mind is another plan, a better way, a greater yes." This has gone through my head no less than 50 times since I went to bed last night. It's what I woke up thinking multiple times in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment