Monday, August 13, 2012

Safeway Couponing Trip

I keep posting pictures of my couponing trips, but if you don't know how I'm saving money then it doesn't help you. So for this post I am going to post a picture and tell you how I saved all the money. This particular post will be about Safeway. So pay attention DC area people. I hope to post other stores in the future.


-2 boxes of Hot Pockets-These were on sale for $1.88. I had a $2 off 2 Safeway coupon. I had an 95 cent off 2 coupon which doubled to stack on top of that. Final price-FREE.

-1 box of popsicles. They were on sale for $2.49. I had a $1 off Safeway coupon. And I had a $1 off coupon to stack on top of that. Final price-49 cents.

-12 boxes of Nabisco crackers. These usually retail for $3.99, but they were on sale for $1.88. I had coupons for $1 off 2. Final price-$1.38 each.

-2 boxes Triscuits. I happened upon these. They are new so there was a coupon for $1 off 1 attached to each box. They also were on sale for $1.88. Final price-88 cents each.

-4 bags of Lay's chips. They were on sale BOGO free. Original price was $4.29 a bag. Final price-$2.65 each.

-2 boxes of Keebler crackers. These were also on sale for $1.88. I had a Safeway coupon for $1 off 2. Final price-$.138 each.

This trip was about a month ago. The total was around $100, and I paid $33. I will take a 66% savings anyday! I once read a blog about a lady whose goal was to save 60% every time she shops. In my experience that is actually very realistic. the goal is not to get thousands of dollars of groceries free. Those shows you see on TV are not real. That's why it's so addicting. :) It may not seem feasible to you right now, but I'm telling you, saving 60% is very doable. This is by using coupons and the store ads. Because, of course there aren't coupons for every single item. Milk, produce, meat...There are times when I hardly use any coupons and still save 60%. BOGO sales. Bulk meat sales. They are out there. 

So for all of you who have a Safeway by you, you need to download the Safeway app! It's their Just4U program. If you don't have an android phone you can sign up online. Register your card and browse all the savings. Whatever deals you are interested in just load to your card. There is a tab for coupons and a tab for personalized deals. The coupons tab is self explanatory. But I love the personalized deals tab. Your card remembers items that you buy a lot of and gives you deals that are especially for you. Every shoppers card will have different deals. For instance, last week I got a deal for Laughing Cow cheese. They usually sell for $3.99, but my deal was for $1.88. That is almost 60% off. But the best part of using your Safeway card is that you can stack manufacturer's coupons on top of the Safeway coupons and deals. With your Safeway card you can get rock bottom prices. Do it today! Sign your card up with their rewards program. 





No comments:

Post a Comment