Monday, August 13, 2012

A Car and Some Coupons

This past Saturday Bryan and I bought a new car. A Honda CR-V. I love it. This is the first time in our 8 year marriage that we have had a nice car. Sometimes when I walk by the window I just look out at it! 

So after we bought the car we drove it across the street to Safeway. Coupons in hand I was ready to start saving money.  There were three items on my list. Chex, fruit snacks, and brownies. I got 2 boxes of brownies for 25 cents a box. Fruit snacks were 25 cents a box. And Chex were 50 cents a box. My total started at $66 and I walked away paying $6.66. 90% savings, baby!!! We loaded the groceries in the new car, and I called my mom, not to tell her about our new SUV, but to tell her how much I saved!!! True story.




Now, what do a car and a shopping trip have to do with each other? Nothing. I wanted to post about my savings, so I threw our new car in there. Had to. Love it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment